Looking for a website designer to help with your business website? A quick search on Google and recommendations from friends will present many options, leaving you spoiled for choice. With many professionals to choose from, how do you find the right one? Well, the following are some tips on how to choose a website designer in Torrance:
- Find a designer who can help you achieve the goal of your website
You need to compare several designers to assess their unique offerings. After being impressed by their sample websites and service offerings, you want to be confident that they have the expertise to design a website that will help you accomplish your specific business goals.
The best way to know for sure that the seemingly impressive designers are not a one-trick pony is to contact them directly and set up an initial consultation call. Be sure to explain what the goal of your website is so that they can tell you if they can get the job done, and what your budget is. Pay attention to their responses and decide if they seem knowledgeable and are reassuring enough.
- Ask relevant questions
You want to be on the same page with the designer when it comes to what to expect. The following are the important questions to ask the designer to see if they can help meet your goal:
- Do you use templates or build custom websites?
- What is the communication process during the project?
- What are the expectations and requirements for both parties?
- Will the website be coded for responsive design?
- How many rounds of edits and revisions I’m I allowed?
- What support do you offer after the website goes live?
- What SEO will you do for the website?
- Do you offer online marketing services?
- How do you structure your charges?
- Can you provide references or a list of websites that you have designed previously?
- Can you help with copywriting for the website?
- Check for qualities of a good web designer
There are certain traits of a great website designer to look out for. For instance, a good designer should be knowledgeable, able to adapt and integrate, have proactive behavior, and have excellent communication and listening skills, among other traits. When asking prospective web designers the above questions, be sure to score each designer on a scale from 1-10 based on the following:
- Did they appear credible, professional and knowledgeable?
- Did they ask the right questions or have a methodology to assess your specific needs?
- Did they demonstrate a thorough understanding of your business needs and objectives?
- Did they communicate clearly?
- Are they prompt with feedback to your questions?
- Did they offer unique and innovative ideas and solutions?
You obviously want to choose the best website designer in Torrance. You can never go wrong by choosing UmeWorks. We are a professional, credible and reliable website design company that gets the job done right the first time. Besides web designing, we offer a wide range of services, including copy writing, content marketing, logo design and graphic design.
Download a free copy of our interview form that will help you compare different website design companies and choose the right designer to help you accomplish your business website goals.
Ready to get started? Request a quote from UmeWorks today!